Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 3: Strengthening my Relationship with Christ

This week's passage of scripture was 3 Nephi 13:14-21. This section is full of beautiful words and meaning, but I kept noticing that my attention was only drawn to the first two verses which focus on forgiveness.

How can I expect to be forgiven if I don't have a forgiving heart? Sure, maybe I forgive people here and there, but, as a whole, am I a forgiving person? Well, this week I learned again what I already knew. No, I am horrrrrible at forgiving.

I ended up having a nice long talk with God on Sunday. It was very overdue and much needed. I cried out in prayer to Him for help with the things I've been struggling with. I asked repentance for the first time in a long time. The longer I prayed, the more I felt my heart softening. I sat alone in the quiet with no expectation for a response. But it came.

LOVE YOUR HUSBAND.

It was exactly what I needed in that moment. And so, I encourage you to do the same. Before you get to a point of desperation like me, continually go to your Heavenly Father in prayer. I need to better at asking forgiveness. I need to be more humble. I need to be a lot of things! But what matters MOST to me, is nourishing the relationship I have with my eternal companion. And how would I even have that without the atonement of Jesus Christ and the forgiveness of my Father in Heaven?

Though this still relates to the rest of the passage which says, "For where you treasure is, there will your heart be also." I would love to hear what other thoughts you had on the verses, so let me know!

Next week's passage is Alma 5:14-16. Enjoy the reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment