Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 2: Strengthening my Relationship with Christ

This week's scripture was John 14:23-27. I broke apart the verses and found some helpful principles within them.

Verse 23: Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.


How do I show love to the Savior? By keeping His words, following His example, and trying to love others as He would. Literally W.W.J.D.? :)

Verse 24: He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.


These words are not just the Savior's, but come straight from God. So listen up, Anna! And be obedient!

Verse 26: But the Comforterwhich is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


This week my husband had an experience where the Holy Ghost brought things to his remembrance that helped us a make a big decision for our family. If he wasn't living right and making an effort to be in tune with the spirit, he might not have been able to recall those things. And who knows, we might have ended up deciding to move to Mesa five weeks before this baby is born! No, thank you....

Verse 27: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


This verse is so powerful to me. In the midst of a frustrating and confusing situation, I was able to go to bed every night last week feeling peaceful. Reading this last verse everyday reminded me that there is no need to have fear about the future. Our Savior's atonement provides us with anything we could possibly need to have joy in this life. And the next!

Please share any insights you gained!

Whether you are a week behind me or right on track, I hope you enjoy reading my journey to become closer to Jesus Christ. This week's passage is 3 Nephi 13:14-21. Here are some questions you can ask yourself as you read:

Is the Lord first in my life?
How can the Savior help me improve my thoughts and attitude?
Am I too busy with worldly matters and neglect what's important?





No comments:

Post a Comment