Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week 4: Strengthening my Relationship with Christ

Week 4 was Alma 5:14-16 and I was inspired to apply this passage to how I parent. Cohen has gotten a little extra aggressive lately...He has always play wrestled with me and Jake, but holy cow, he has started playing so rough with friends and even kids he doesn't know!

I have been working on talking with him to calm him down and talk about feelings more. For example, helping him notice how he is making other people feel when he treats them too rough. It is amazing to watch him have a change of heart and go over and pat the other kid on the head or share his toy with them. I'd say there's about a 60% success rate right now....but that is a huge improvement already!

Anyway, this scripture passage talked about the importance of following God's plan in order to find happiness in life. I feel like, in a small way, I am able to teach Cohen that principle as we figure out this whole terrible twos phase. In the bigger picture, as we seek God's influence in our life, he blesses us with guidance, comfort, and knowledge. And as we follow him, we assure ourselves an eternity of joy with Him after this life.

This week I will be studying Proverbs 31:30-31, which reads:

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Questions to ponder:

What am I doing to help build the kingdom of God on the Earth?
Is faith still faith without works?


No comments:

Post a Comment