Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Week 5: Strengthening my Relationship with Christ

How appropriate that I am finally getting around to this post on Valentine's Day. This past week I studied Proverbs 31: 30-31. Yes, the focus is on being in the world and not of the world, BUT what I got out of it was how important it is to recognize and appreciate the love my husband shows for me.

My husband (and I'm sure most fathers) do SO MUCH behind the scenes that goes unrecognized. This past week we discussed some things that we both feel like we NEED in our relationship and then we tried our best to meet those needs for each other. I can honestly say I am so in love with Jake!

What is so neat to me is that what makes me love him most is when I serve him, not necessarily when he serves me! Although, I definitely love that, too. So yes, I do believe it is important not to get caught up in the vain things of the world, but for me, this week's scripture helped me see that because I fear the Lord and work hard to be a good eternal companion to my husband, I shall be praised!

So Happy Valentine's Day. May you feel loved by your Father in Heaven through how you show that love to others!

This week I will be studying D&C 8:2-3 and 9:7-9. These verses, again, are a lot about listening to the Holy Ghost and trusting in God's plan for you. How great is it that God already has a plan for us to be happy. All we have to do is follow Him! Enjoy studying and I'll meet ya back here next week!

Image result for savior love

No comments:

Post a Comment