Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 6: Strengthening my Relationship with Christ

I studied  D&C 8:2-3 and 9:7-9 this past week. Lots of these scriptures have had a lot to do with living so that we can stay in tune with the Holy Ghost which then allows us to come closer to Christ by having peace, comfort, and guidance consistently throughout your day.

This passage also teaches that, BUT it also touches on the fact that WE HAVE AGENCY. So why is that important? We came to the earth because we CHOSE to follow Christ's plan which meant we would be sent to a fallen world where every person makes their own choices. Yes, that means we can make poor choices, but it also means we can choose good! Most importantly, it means that we can choose whatever we want to do when we are given two GOOD options. Whatttt???? Yes, it's great to seek guidance through prayer and listening to the still, small voice of the Holy Ghost, BUT God granted us agency and would like us to seek knowledge for ourselves to make our own choices.

I loved studying this because my Sunday School class has been studying the Plan of Salvation and more specifically, agency, lately and they have soooo many good questions. They always stump me!

I gained some great, personal insights from these scriptures, so I hope you did, too! The next scriptures to study are Moroni 10:18-23. I went ahead and read these verses and I already know this is exactly what I need right now! I was seriously just talking to my husband about it last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment