Monday, February 6, 2017

Taco Tuesday: Taqueria El Vaquero

Location: 286 100 W
                      Provo, UT 84601
                      (Just southeast of Smith's and next door to Laser Assault)

Asada: Great quality meat. Delicious, but nothin' to scream about.

Pastor: A little dry and not my favorite flavor. Everyone seemed to love it, though, so I'm probably the weird one! I am picky about my pastor....

Meat of the week: The dorado de papas taco was so yummy to me! Not meat, I know, but I loved it! The tortilla is fried and crispy and filled with potato. I was surprised how much I liked it. Squeezed some lime on top and dipped it in their dark green salsa. My favorite this week!

Rice and beans: The perfect baby food beans. Almost runny! I prefer just a tad thicker, but flavor of beans and rice were both great. Nothin' funky or out of the ordinary.

Salsas: Dark red was hot and smokey. I stuck with my green salsas as usual. And their baby limes are so cute!

$: Tacos were $1.35 and rice and beans were $1.25 for both which is crazy cheap! 

Atmosphere: Mellow and quaint. Soccer on the TV, friendly face at the counter, not too busy! They also had mango Jarrito's and Coke in glass bottles which really turned Taco Tuesday into a tastey meal! Super convenient location for BYU students, but not very well-known. A little gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment