Monday, January 30, 2017

Beauty Loves: Winter 2017

I used to spend WAY too much money on make up. I felt (imaginary) pressure to have all the new products. Then I had a baby. I stopped working. I started wearing make up only like once a week. And I realized I had over 50 lipsticks.......Time to purge! I got rid of over 30 lipsticks (along with other products I didn't use), decided to use up what I have, and made a goal to only buy things that 1. I really need, 2. I really use, and 3. are affordable.

I thought I'd share with you some of my winter beauty loves that are all pretty affordable. The last thing I want is for you to feel like I'm telling you to go out and spend money on these things. My hope is to share what I love, hear what you love, and hopefully help each other feel more beautiful!

Loofa: This Eco Tools Bamboo Bristle Bath Brush has changed my exfoliation game. I use it as a dry brush before I shower and exfoliate all over (except my face). Utah winters are no joke and the skin on my body can get really irritated if I'm not constantly exfoliating and moisturizing. Sluff off the dead skin (I hate that phrase) before you shower and moisturize right after! Only $7.90 at Walmart and I've never had softer skin!


Wet Skin Moisturizer: I feel like these just got popular in the last year or two. I tried the Nivea brand, but my favorite is from Jergens. The coconut scent is very faint and it leaves a subtle oily feel to your skin which is exactly what I want! Apply before drying off in the shower, pat dry, and all that moisture is locked in. $5.57 at Target!



Turbie Twist: I've always hated how heavy towels are when I wrap my hair and twist it on top of my head after a shower. This one I definitely didn't NEED, but I use it every time I shower and it's pretty affordable, if you ask me. Only $5.99 at Walgreens, what? Now, the main reason I love it is that it is not bulky at all and it's super light. My least favorite thing in life is how cold I am when I get out of the shower. This makes it so that I can get into my warm, cozy clothes while having my hair wrapped up nice and warm, too! They claim it's "super absorbent" and your hair will require less blow drying....I've yet to see that actually be the case, but maybe I'm just not observant enough.



Setting Spray: If you have never used a setting spray YOU NEED TO. I feel like I can confidently say that because they really are life-changing and you can find them super cheap! The Nyx Dewy Setting Spray is my favorite (dry skin for life) and you can find it for $5.99 on Amazon. There is also a matte option. The cheapest, though, is by Wet n Wild and you can find it at Walmart for only $4.68!

 
Aquaphor: In case I haven't said it already....I HAVE DRY SKIN. Sensitive and dry. Woohoo! I got pretty sick of my flakey skin and it looked horrible when I applied make up. I exfoliated occasionally (my skin freaks out if I do it too much) and I moisturize morning and night, but it finally cleared up when I started applying Aquaphor on top of my normal moisturizer. Here's how I use it: Morning and night I wash or splash my face with water, pat dry, wait 5-10 minutes, apply moisturizer all over, and then Aquaphor on the dry patches (my T zone). No more flaky skin! I even stopped using it for a week because I was lazy/forgot and my skin got soooo yucky without it! Never again. My husband was sure it would clog my pores and make me break out, but nope! Shout out to my freshman roommate, Haley, for using this on her lips everyday. Never knew it existed until then! P.S. A little goes a long way! $12.89 for a big tub at Target, or try the small tube for $4.99 and get 5% off with your REDcard!

       

Matte Lip Color: Cheapest option here is E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Natural (I also LOVE Tea Rose), longest lasting option here is NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Tea & Cookies (much pinker in person), and my favorite color and most moisturizing here is Maybelline Color Senesational Creamy Matte Lip color in Lust for Blush (I also love Faint for Fuschia). I tried to link the cheapest options, and I know, it's pretty clear I have a love for rose/blush/nude shades.

NYX Liquid Suede (Tea & Cookies)          Maybelline New York Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color, Lust for Blush, 0.15 Ounce



What are some of your favorite beauty loves?


2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna! I love your blog! I'm totally checking out the turbie twist. Have you tried wet n wild mega last matte lipstick? It's dirt cheap but I think it's really good for how cheap it is! I'm not a huge lipstick wearer, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I have somehow acquired like every color of wet n wild matte lipstick bc it's only $2! It's a true matte and long lasting as far as I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this is awesome! $2 is insane. I love Wet n Wild for being so cheap! I just looked through my stash and I only have one, what the heck? Anyway, it's the color Bare it All, very pretty, and I'm gonna give it a go this week. So glad you mentioned it so I could rediscover this nude lipstick!

      Delete