Monday, October 24, 2016

"Tummy Issues": The Back Story

Read the TMI version below. To skip ahead to the info, start reading where you see the arrow --->

Anyone familiar with the scene in 17 Again when the son keeps burping mid sentence and Zac Efron gives him a grossed out face, so the boy says, "What? I have tummy issues." I, too, have these "issues."

In the last 10 months since Cohen was born I have been sick to my stomach more times than  I ever was before he was born. I have a suspicion that it has something to do with my diet of gummy worms, candy corn, and Little Debbies. When it came time to sustain the life of another human, I think my body was like, "Hellooooo, get your act together!" I started eating healthier and that helped keep me....out of the bathroom, BUT I still wasn't feeling 100%. And I thought my baby had similar tummy issues since he was born. Grumbly tummy, big man toots, and a recent span of diarrhea that lasted over a month.

--->When I told my doctor about Cohen's sick tummy, she asked if I had fed him yogurt for the probiotics. Yes, I had fed him yogurt a few times, but that's what seemed to start making him even more sick! She recommended I get him on some probiotic capsules that I can open up and mix into his baby food. She said to get the whole family on them to feel healthier!

That same day, not even two hours later, I got a text from a friend. It read, "Hey Anna! It's me your old pal. Listen, I know that you just started your blog, but I wanted to let you know about a potential business opportunity.... So, one of our clients is looking for people to use their products and talk about it on their blogs. It's a probiotic company that's all about gut health. So they would send you the product for free, and you would just write about your experience.... Just thought I'd let you know if you might be interested."

My response? "I am so interested!" It was like an answer to a prayer that I hadn't even prayed yet! I agreed to write about my experience here a few times and I really do want to provide good info for those out there looking for help. So that's the back story!

I can definitely confirm that this product has SOLVED our tummy issues. The product, by the way, is Silver Fern Probiotics. (I am taking the Ultimate Probiotic Supplement) I was told it may take up to a month, but I started seeing a change after the first week. Cohen no longer has diarrhea!! I have not been sick to my tummy once since we started about three weeks ago and I am definitely less bloated.


Next I'll be writing about how probiotics work, so let me know if you have any specific questions. If you've taken them before or are taking them now, let me know the brand so I can do some research on it! You should know, I am not being paid to write this. My opinions are honest. They are sending me the product free of charge and asking me to "write about my experience," so that's what I will do.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have tummy issues besides what pregnancy does to you. Do you think a probiotic would help with pregnancy tummy issues and post pregnancy tummy issues. Took me a long time to feel normal bathroom habits again after having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next posts will cover why I now think it is so important to take probiotics. Especially when you are pregnant and nursing. I can obviously tell you more before I post those, but yes, I would really suggest it (as a complete non-professional). I seriously have started to think it's the secret to better health. Check out this blog post for why newborns need probiotics from their mommy: http://mamaandbabylove.com/how-to-give-your-baby-probiotics/

      Delete