Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mommin' on a Budget: Manicures

I would like to introduce my first series; Mommin' on a budget. This week I'm covering manicures.

Wouldn't you love to have perfectly manicured nails, year round? Well it costs around $15 every time you get a manicure (and that's not even the gel, shellac, or acrylic manicures, which can be closer to $30) and I'm assuming you'll have to get them re-done every two weeks to keep them looking perfect. But let's just say you get a plain old manicure once a month. In a year you would be spending $180. If you wanted gel nails, $240. And acrylics, over $300! That's only once a month, people. So for two weeks out of the month, your nails will still be looking janky. In my opinion....not worth it! $300? That's like a month's worth of groceries for a small family. That's 30 pairs of Forever 21 jeans. That's like getting a hefty serving of frozen yogurt every week for a year!

 No, no, no. Not this momma. I can't afford that ish. Not to mention everything you'll get caked under those fake nails....diaper cream is the worst. So, I recently discovered a solution and maybe I'm late to the game, but this game just changed big time for me. Follow my linky link to Amazon if you wanna support this momma's manicure fund ;)



Now, you can buy this in a set with an accompanying color that claims to work better with the top coat, but let me save you the time and trouble; it's not worth it. Go ahead and use one of the millions of nail polishes you're already hoarding in your bathroom cabinet in that dingy old make up bag from 9th grade. Or, in my case, the half ripped ziploc bag shoved to the back of the shelf so it doesn't fall in the toilet when you open the cupboard door....what? 

So there you have it! I painted my nails with this four days ago and have not had a SINGLE chip. I live in Utah, yall. The driest desert of all. Normally, my nails chip on day 1.5. I'm real pumped, which is why I had to share. Also, this bad boy is more expensive on Walgreens.com. $8.99 and that's with a $1 off coupon, so......you're welcome. Holler at your girl if you try it out and love it as much as I do!

Here's my proof!


Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Polish in Sugar Coat. 

Only two coats (shoulda, woulda, coulda done three) and one top coat. Way shinier in person! Keep your eye out for an update post in a bout a week!




No comments:

Post a Comment