Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Taco Tuesday: Street Tacos Don Joaquin

Location: 150 W 1230th N St                

                 Provo, UT 84604

                (On Bulldog between L&L and Subway)

Asada: Super tender and juicy meat. Lovely flavor. Tortillas were little softer here. Jake loved them, they were alright with me. 

Pastor: Yummiest flavor! A little dry and not the most tender, BUT they throw on a slice of pineapple which makes up for it tenfold. Now I just need to find a place with tender meat, perfect flavor, and pineapple! Any suggestions?

Meat of the week: They had lots of other options, but all of them were a little too out of my comfort zone. For example, cabeza (head), tripa (gut), lengua (tongue). They also had chorizo, but I wasn't feelin' in the mood for that. 

Rice and beans: Beans were just a little chunky, but it wasn't too noticeable and the flavor was nice and plain, just like I like 'em. Rice was great with a smokey flavor, too. Not my favorite, but I can appreciate the individuality. 

Salsas: If I remember correctly, there were 3 to choose from. Two green were my favorite, as usual and nice and mild. The other option was hot, but I found myself really liking it. Cilantro, onion, and lime, were great as well. I never really go beyond that, but maybe I'll be more adventurous next time and try the other options!

$: Tacos were $1.25 to $1.50 and rice and beans were $1.50 each.

Atmosphere: Pretty dang clean. They were busy, busy, busy, so we wiped down our own table, but no complaints. Staff was very friendly and lively. I like that you could see the cooks workin' back there. Looked like they were having fun together. Lots of sweet families and a big old BYU group date lookin' thing. Those are always good for people watching.


My plate:

Displaying 20170117_185135.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment