Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Taco Tuesday: Laura's Kitchen

It looks like this might be my last Taco Tuesday post. I think we are going to stick with one or two of our favorites from now on if we want tacos!

Location664 Freedom Blvd 200 W, Provo, UT 84601

Asada: I loved that this meat tasted so real! No gristle-y pieces or chewy fat.

Pastor: Sooo yummy! Amazing flavor, pieces of pineapple mixed in, but just ever so dry. I know, pastor is kinda supposed to be dry, but I just can't help it, I like it juicy!

Meat of the week: Barbacoa! Very juicy and smokey with just a little bit of sweetness. I was very surprised how much I liked this meat. Definitely a favorite! I also tried their dorado de papas taco here and I was not impressed :/ The tortilla and toppings were great, but the potato filling was a little watery and had zero flavor.

Rice and beans: Beans were the perfect consistency and topped with cotija cheese. Rice was also great. The only thing I didn't love was that they were slightly more expensive than other places and gave us smaller servings. Taste was spot on, though.

Salsas: Probably my favorite salsa bar. They did not have the creamy green salsa that I like but their orange (spiciest) was sooo good! And I also loved the red this time, too, which is rare. Dark green sauce was great, as usual. No complaints!

$: We heard they have $.99 tacos on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but they charged us full price :/ ($1.50 I think) By the time we realized it was probably too late to do anything and we didn't know if maybe they weren't doing that anymore. Bummer. So we paid a little more than expected, but I was so pumped about the barbacoa taco being so good I didn't really care....

Atmosphere: Such a sweet little spot! Tiny inside, but the staff was great! You could tell they were all family and they loved waving at Cohen and making him smile. Great people and not busy at all around 5:30. I imagine it picks up later. Loved the music, too!

I hope you've enjoyed this Taco Tuesday series! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment