Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Update: Miracle Gel Top Coat

I'm gonna make this short and sweet. Do I still love this top coat? YES! Is it perfect? No :(

If you didn't read my first post, you can do that here!

It started doing what I call micro cracking. TINY little cracks along the edge of the nail started showing up, but I don't think any human but me really noticed. Here is a pic to prove it. I wore this polish for 10 days, people, and it still looked pretty good to me.



Next I tried it with a dark nail color and did two top coats. I even painted the top coat along the edge of my nail to try and prevent chipping even more. Not even three days later I got a big old chip on my left index nail. Wah wah. I did take a shower and go swimming during those three days, but still. I thought my results would be even better than before! Anyway, here is a pic of what my nails look like today. Color is Recessionista by Essie (dark cranberry, plum, purpley, maroony, wine color.....) I couldn't find it, so I linked to Bahama Mama by Essie which is a tad lighter (I think I like it better). Top coat is the good old Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat.



I'm a little bummed out now. I'm trying to nail down the perfect formula of polish to top coat and a good drying method to get the longest lasting nail color I can without going to a nail salon. Any tips and tricks? What do you put on your nails to make them last forever?

4 comments:

  1. I have a gel lamp that I use all the time and LOVE!! The paint job stays put for a long time and there is no drying time which is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um hello, that's genius! I forgot those existed! I'll have to look into that....No drying time is major, I agree.

      Delete
  2. Have had a few friends who have the nail lights. Ask for it for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added it to my super long list....we'll see!

      Delete