Friday, October 21, 2016

Six Reasons to Start a Blog


1. Become a better wife and mother. I've been a wife for a short two years and 4 months. I've been a mom for an even shorter 10 months! I feel like I've only barely dipped my toes into figuring out these two roles. Thank goodness I'm only 25 and have the rest of my life to learn! That being said, I feel a strong desire to be better. I'm guilty of being snippy, impatient, and lazy, but I'm also a hard worker who likes seeing myself progress! So my plan is to applaud my improvements, acknowledge my failures, but not dwell on the negative! I hope to do some of that here :)

2. Mommy time. Y'all know what I'm talkin' about. I enjoy it! I loved my previous job, but one of the best parts (besides seeing students grow) was the administrative side and staying organized. I loved it! I loved having a deadline and working hard to make great things happen. Weird because I was the biggest procrastinator EVER in college. Anyway, this blog makes me feel like I'm back to where I was a little. Staying organized and on schedule, writing down ideas and putting them into action!

3. Find your passion. I've never had a "passion." And I think that's okay! I feel like I'm surrounded by people who are passionate about dance, rock climbing, sewing, etc! Even my husband has said, "If I could wake up and water ski every morning, that would be ideal." He loves water skiing and basketball. I love......candy? Pretty sure that doesn't count. Anyway, part of the purpose of this blog is to find things I am passionate about. Or maybe just some new hobbies! That's always my least favorite question at get-to-know-you events. What are your hobbies???? Ummm I went running once and it was nice....

Pinterest is full of quotes that will make you feel guilty for not having a passion in life. But guess what? There are too many amazing things out there for me to just pick one! So there.



4. Be more candid. So why, specifically, did I need to start a BLOG? Why not share more thoughts on FB, twitter, etc.? Heck, why not start posting daily vlogs and what not? Ok, let's not kid ourselves. This reason is important to me. I have like a gazillion FB friends. Posting opinions and thoughts out there is a little intimidating. Sure anyone in the world can read my blog, but they are choosing to read it instead of having it show up unwelcomed on their news feed. Also, there are a lot of "haters" out there and it seems like the blogging world has a pretty loving atmosphere. I hope I can contribute to that!

5. Push myself. Crafts, projects, cleaning, whatever I'm doing, I want to push myself! Not too hard, let's not get crazy. I can't wait to see how this blog changes over time. I recently read this post from a blogger I follow and thought WOW! She has really changed, in a great way! I'm curious to see what I can make happen through this new outlet. Speaking of, I totally got a gig to review products and share my thoughts on here! It should be up in a few days and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm hoping it helps someone out there, so keep your eye out!

6. Spread joy of life. Ever catch yourself driving along and thinking amazing thoughts that you want to share with everyone?! Usually they sound silly coming out of my mouth, just ask Jake. BUT! I am excited to have a place to share those things without feeling too judged or silly. This is MY place and I can say what I want! I love that. Sometimes the smallest things make me happy and I'm excited to share them with you and hear what makes you happy, too!

Do you have a blog I don't know about? Let me know! What inspired you to start a blog?

2 comments:

  1. I have a few personal blogs where I just journal. Pregnancy blogs for both my pregnancies. A blog where I journaled when I was single. I even had a blog once where I just wrote down something I learned everyday. I am not good at being candid, so good for you! Sean is good at keeping up our family blog, I contribute sometimes...I should more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was better with my personal blogs. I have a personal journal blog and a family blog. Haley and I had a roommate blog for a bit. I can be candid online.....probably not healthy that I can say things on my blog that I probably wouldn't say in person, but it does feel freeing! When people mention things I've written here I'm like....oh yeahhhh that's right, I said that....haha.

      Delete